Tuesday, May 17, 2011

SpongeBob SquarePants Birthday Cake

Who lives in a pineapple, under the sea?

Here's a cute little cake that I made for my son's 6th birthday.  I love working with fondant.  I tell everyone that it's like Play-doh for grown ups.  I didn't get to have all of the fun this time as my 8 year old daughter helped me with this one.  Most of Gary is her work!  The boy loved it -- mainly because he wanted to eat the characters.  Homemade fondant is good for that, store bought is not so much...


This was my second or third time ever using fondant.  I still can't believe how long I waited to try it out.  I have always been drawn to how it looks but turned off by the flavor and maybe a little intimidated to work with it.  What a blessing it was to find an easy recipe and get over it all.  It really is a fun creative outlet!
Not that I so much use the recipe to make it any longer...  These days I just do it from memory and without much measuring.  I'll pay attention to the next time I make a batch and share my method with you.  Luckily it makes a ton and can be stored for a while -- that way I always have it on hand for all those cake decorating emergencies we all have!  (What you don't have those?  Hmmm?  Just me?)

Linked at: Too Cute Tuesday

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! Phoenix is sitting with me, and immediately started pointing: That's spongebob!! Look, look!" :) I like your bio too - Baker Jenn.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...